Multi-Currency Accounts and Games
Thinking of Adding a Second Currency?
Before adding a second currency to your Stars Account, please read the following pages:
- Currency FAQ: Our Frequently Asked Questions page answers some common multi-currency questions and explains how to use the multi-currency cashier.
- Terms of Service: The Terms of Service explicitly prohibits the use of the Multi-Currency features for currency trading or speculation.
Looking For More Information?
- Deposits and Withdrawals
Learn how to deposit and withdraw.
Multi-Currency Accounts and Games FAQ
We offer games in a variety of currencies, to suit our players from around the world. We also offer the ability to keep money in more than one currency at the same time, so that players can manage their money as they see fit, and don’t have to lose out when exchange rates fluctuate.
Below you will find answers to common multi-currency questions.
Every player has the ability to deposit, withdraw, and play with funds in the US Dollar (USD). Players can also optionally keep money in Euro (EUR), Canadian Dollars (CAD) and British Pounds (GBP). We also offer a variety of games in Euro.
We will consider adding support for more currencies in the future, depending on demand.
To add a second currency to your Stars Account, open the Cashier and look for the ‘Add Currency’ button in the ‘Stars Account Status’ panel.
Alternatively, you can simply attempt to play a game in the currency you would like to add. The software will automatically offer to open an account in the game currency on your behalf.
Once you have added a second currency to your account, the design of the cashier will change to a ‘tabbed’ interface with various currency options. To see details about a particular currency, or to deposit, withdraw, or transfer money in that currency, simply choose the appropriate currency tab from the selection at the top of the cashier.
The Preferred Currency is the default currency for your Stars Account:
- The Preferred Currency is shown first in the cashier.
- Your Grand Total, as converted to your Preferred Currency, is displayed in the Summary tab of the Cashier.
- The Preferred Currency is your default currency for transfers and T-Money trading.
- Whenever you receive money, but don't have a matching currency account (for example, if you win money in a GBP freeroll, and don't have a GBP account), the funds will be automatically converted to your Preferred Currency.
- If you choose the 'Credit Funds in My Preferred Currency When Leaving a Game' option, any money you leave a ring game or tournament with will be credited in your Preferred Currency, and automatically converted if necessary (see below for more information).
- Your preferred currency will be used if, for some reason, you are unable to specify a currency when one is required (for example, if you are disconnected).
The Preferred Currency cannot be deleted. If you wish to delete your Preferred Currency, you should choose a new Preferred Currency first.
Yes, you can change your preferred currency at any time. Simply choose the appropriate currency tab in the cashier, and click the 'Set As Preferred Currency' button.
To delete a currency balance, simply choose the appropriate currency tab in the cashier, and click the ‘Delete Account’ link.
Note that if you are closing a balance in which you have a pending bonus, the bonus will expire and you will not be able to continue earning it.
Also note that it is not possible to close your preferred currency, or to close a currency if you have funds currently in play, uncleared funds, or incomplete transactions in that currency.
To convert funds from one currency to another, choose the currency tab you wish to convert money into, and click the ‘Convert other funds to [Currency]’ link:
- I know how much money in other currencies I want to convert to [Currency]: Choose this if you know how much money you want to convert; for example if you know you want to convert $100 US Dollars to Euro.
- I know how many [Currency] I want to receive: Choose this if you know how much money you want to receive; for example, if you know you need €22 Euro to buy into a tournament.
- I want to convert all my funds to [Currency]: Choose this if you want to convert all of your funds (including T-Money) into the new currency in one quick operation.
Click Next to move to Step 2 of the process, where you can enter the amount of money you would like to convert:
To convert cash, enter an amount into the box marked 'Cash'. To convert T-Money, enter an amount into the box marked 'T-Money'. Then click 'Next' to move to Step 3.
In Step 3, you should carefully review the details of the transaction, then click 'Finish' to complete the conversion.
If you attempt to play a game and don’t have a matching account currency, the software will offer to add that currency to your account when you join. By default, any money that you win in the game will be credited to the new account.
Select the ‘Convert currencies automatically, without confirmation box’ option. With this option selected, any time that a currency conversion is required, it will be performed automatically and you won’t be notified.
From desktop: log into your account, go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Global’ – ‘Multi Currency’, and uncheck the ‘Convert currencies automatically, without confirmation box’ option. From a mobile device: log into your account, go to ‘Settings & Tools’ and uncheck the 'Auto-Convert Currencies’ option.
The automatic currency conversion setting allows your money to be exchanged from one currency to another automatically if required, without prompting for approval. When doing so, our system will convert at least 0.5 units of the source currency, or all balance in the source currency if the source currency balance is less than 1 unit. We reserve the right to change the minimum conversion amount without pre-notification.
Please Note: this feature may be automatically turned on whenever your account becomes eligible to play real money.
In ‘Settings’, you can check the ‘Credit Funds in My Preferred Currency When Leaving a Game’ box. With this option selected, any money that you win at the tables or in tournaments will be automatically converted to your preferred currency.
Note that choosing this option will significantly increase the number of currency conversions performed.
On the mobile app you will be presented with a ‘Currency’ filter which allows you to switch between currencies.
The desktop client has a ‘Narrow Your Search Results’ button above the ‘Save Filter’ button. Use that to select the currency (or currencies) you wish to see.
For information, please refer to the rule concerning Exchange Rates on our Real Money Transaction Processing and Currency Conversion webpage.
We reserve the right to change the way exchange rates are calculated without notice.
Yes, unless specified otherwise, all special offers are available regardless of the currency in which you choose to play.
No. Our multi-currency features are intended to be used for playing the games and not for any other purpose. The use of our multi-currency features for currency speculation is prohibited by our Terms of Service.
If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that currency conversion transactions are being made for purposes other than play, we reserve the right to retroactively apply the full 1% (one percent) margin to the exchange rate, and take any other appropriate measure, which may include confiscation of funds and/or closing the player’s Stars Account.